Thursday, October 27, 2005

pain

I have a horrendous toothache. It's the kind of pain that makes me want to just punch a baby in the face (you have to check out the comedian Dane Cook to truly get this sadistic tendency). I will be going to the dentist in a little while... so he can tell me I have to schedule another appointment to get it fixed and in the meantime, I have to suck it up.

The last time I went to this dentist, as I was easing myself into the other infamous chair of torture, he said, "Wow, it looks like you've gained a lot of weight." Isn't that sweet? Ironically, my personal trainer told me I need to floss more (I'm just kidding... I don't have a personal trainer).

In other news (and in an attempt to ignore my pain), I saw the grossest thing today. Walking on the sidewalk like a good pedestrian, I spied a giant mouse or a small rat scurrying through the street. Along comes a van and... squish. The guts escaped from its skin like toothpaste from its tube. And the icing on the cake: a following car rolled over the guts to emit a popping *splat* that made me cringe and gasp. Deeeeeee-sgusting. Schadenfreude moment: as much pain as I'm in, at least I'm not that guy.

2 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

holy crap that sounds awesome! i'd love to see something like that... toothpaste... hahaha gross!

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Schadenfreudeaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home