Friday, October 28, 2005

Dr. Pain

My dentist hates me. He used to love me... until I gained all this weight, according to him. Now, he gets my big fatty ass in the chair and performs horribly painful acts upon my already in pain teeth.

I have to get another freaking root canal next week (Wednesday). I know it's my fault. But anyway, he had to drill and do something or other to release some pressure. He tried to drill without novacaine and I started flopping around like a fish on the dock. So, he gave me the shot, which helped a little. I didn't stay numb for very long though because as soon as I got outside, the pain returned with an excruciating vengeance. I had to go to CVS to fill my prescription for anti-biotics... but no, he wouldn't give me pain meds right away. While waiting there, with my boyfriend, I cracked and couldn't take the pain anymore. Yes, I started crying in line at the CVS pharmacy. Silver lining: the pharmacist let me cut the line.

My boyfriend took care of everything else, like getting me more Tylenol, Anbesol, and soup. I rushed home to embrace the pain and cry it out. I called mommy... because mommy makes it all better. (I miss being little... when that was true.) I talked to my dad, the anesthesiologist, and tried to convince him to send me morphine. But ultimately, I sat in my apartment alone with a bottle of Tylenol and a funny show on tv... and I decided that laughter is the best medicine. Well... laughter, drugs, sleep, and the sweetest boyfriend who makes soup and cold compresses... definitely the best medicine.

2 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger MonkeyBoy said...

Hey Stacy! I miss the gang over there at JDA. Tell everyone I say hi :)...gotta say my current job is 100 times more exciting even if it's not what I eventually want to do...but I do miss the company you and Elaine gave...

Anyways, good luck with the tooth. If you need a good dentist/maxillofacial surgeon, lemme know. I spent about 2 full days in the chair around 2 years ago over the span of a week.

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your boyfriend has a name, you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home