Monday, December 12, 2005

TV Rap Up

To wrap up the TV Rap week...

Last night, the Simpsons was the funniest I've seen in a long while. I felt like they went back to basics and stopped trying so hard to come up with something fresh. They brought back Sideshow Bob and called the episode "The Italian Bob." The recurring killer character was the mayor somewhere in Italy with a wife and child. My favorite part (though there were many to choose from) was flipping through the book of American criminals and seeing pictures of Peter Griffin of Family Guy with the caption "Plagiaristo" (or something like that) and Stan Smith, the American Dad (this show does not get a link, on purpose), with the caption "Plagiristo di plagiaristo." Though the gag was hilarious, I don't like the idea of Matt Groening and his crew not liking Seth McFarlane and his. It's like cousins fighting: it's okay but uncomfortable.

Grey's Anatomy really laid on the Christmas/holiday spirit, with a lot of the focus being on how that spirit is often accompanied by depression. I'm not sure why I like this show so much, but I do. I guess since I'm not at home to watch the daytime soaps, this and Desperate Housewives provide a good weekly replacement.

The shows I didn't talk about:
Family Guy - rerun
Desperate Housewives - wasn't on in my area; but I think it's an overrated show that I can't stop watching anyway
Charmed - also, wasn't on
Bones - wasn't on this week; I love this show

And that's all I have say about TV for this week.

ps I got a new big screen TV over the weekend (thanks to an overpriced Xmas present from my boyfriend)!

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with your take on the Simpsons, in that they've really lost their way in the last few years; either trying too hard to be funny or just not trying as hard as they used to. I'm going to have to disagree that "The Italian Bob" is a mini-resurgence. Sideshow Bob is a great character, but most of the jokes in the show still seemed too forced, as opposed to the carefree stupid and smart comedy that most of us grew up to love.

(You still rock, Ms. SR-TV-Rapper-person)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home