Thursday, November 17, 2005

I've got a theory...

that it's a demon! A dancing demon... nya something isn't right there. (That was just for all you crazed Buffy fans. All others, please ignore my geekiness.) Anyway...

Have you ever noticed that as soon as your best friend gets out of a relationship, you meet the love of your life? Or vice versa? Or, at least, something similar?

Two of my friends from high school broke up (they didn't go out in high school, but rather re-met in college and made it work long-distance for about 3 years). Almost simultaneously, I met and got involved with my current boyfriend. In a similar twist of fate, recently my group of friends here in DC suffered an interesting turnover. Two friends, who had been in their respective relationships since I met them and for much longer, are suffering rocky times with their girlfriends. At the same time, another friend, who is infamous for his single-guy attitude (to put it nicely; to put it honestly, he'd hit on and sleep with anything with boobs), miraculously found and held onto a girlfriend, who is not ugly, fat, crazy or retarded.

To sum it up, the notoriously single found love and the usual couples found themselves losing grasp of it. So, is there such thing as a love quota? Can a group of friends only have so much luck in love?

I realize (unlike those crazy kids in Kansas) that this is only a theory and by definition must constantly be tested and will probably never be proven beyond the shadow of a doubt. Still, based on this theory, might I suggest that next time you find yourself looking for love, just go sabotage your friend's happy and healthy relationship to see what doors might open up for you. Anything in the name of love and science!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home