Thursday, December 08, 2005

Wednesday TV Rap


Wednesday is generally a big tv night for most people, I think. Lost and Veronica Mars, I hear, are extraordinarily good shows, but I have yet to see them. I figure I'll watch them on DVD at a later date instead of jump in and catch up now.

For me, Wednesday turns into a lot of channel surfing, especially given that That 70s Show is continuing without Topher Grace or Ashton Kutcher. However, last night premiered Alias' move back to Wednesday nights. This year, instead of leading into the freshman Lost like it did last year, it's piggybacking onto Lost's success in an attempt to redeem itself of its sinking ratings. Perhaps though, it might be more successful if it simply tried to be the show it started out as, which involved a lot of ass-kicking. The pregnancy of Jennifer Garner (damn you Ben Affleck!)has slowed the pace of the show down so much and forced the introduction of some new characters, who just aren't as cool as Sidney. Not that any of it matters much anyway, since this will be the show's last season. Still, it would be nice for it to go out as awesomely as it came in.


On the plus side, it was nice to see Sark again. The short romance between him and Rachel was funny and cute. Although I loved her line, "You're the one who approached me. You're the one who was stupid enough to let me into your room. And you're the one who wanted to cuddle afterwards," I don't really understand why Rachel was so pissed at him; she wasn't exactly forthright with him either. Ah well. Next week though... Vaughn's coming back!! Woo-hoo! Mmmmm I love me some Michael Vartan!

ps ANTM (see comments)

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

It was the ANTM finale!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger SR Phoenix said...

That's right! How could I have left out that it was the finale of America's Next Top Model? I, lamentably, did not watch this season because I missed it at the beginning and again, I don't like to jump in in the middle. This show is a definite guilty pleasure. Not too guilt-inducing though, as it's surprisingly very empowering for women. I especially love that they have a man teaching the models-to-be how to walk like a lady. Thanks, Nicole!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home