Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Dirty Pop

Depending on how on top of your pop culture you are, this all may or may not be new to you:

1) Lance Bass is gay.

Really? This is news? I was more surprised when I found out he was going into space. Sure, he put on one hell of a performance in On the Line (you know, the one with that guy and that other guy from that boy band and that girl from that show with the boys? you know, it was the one where that guy met that girl in that city and they fell in love, but then something happened and stuff was bad but then something else happened and it was so good! you know what I'm talking about), but nobody really bought the straight act.

According to the People Magazine exclusive, Joey Fatone says, "I back him up 100 percent."

That's also not news. I'm sure Fat one's been behind him for years... on all those cold lonely nights out on tour--Justin and JC out with their ladies, Chris fast asleep after his early bird dinner and resting for his early morning brisk walk around the mall before all the kiddies get there.

"The main reason I wanted to speak my mind was that (the rumors) really were starting to affect my daily life."

People cared enough to spread rumours about Lance Bass (before this announcement)? Now that's news. And I really can't wait to hear what JT has to say about this! Mmm JT.

2) Heath Ledger was offered the role of the Joker for the sequel to Batman Begins

I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain yet; so, all I know of Ledger's acting ability came from 10 Things I Hate About You (you know, the one with that guy and that girl and that other girl from that show with those kids and that other guy from that other show with those aliens and that other girl from that movie with those cheerleaders? you know, it was the one where that guy met that girl in that city and they fell in love, but then something happened and stuff was bad but then something else happened and it was so good! you know what I'm talking about). And though I rewound over and over again to watch him singing from the bleachers, I'm not sure that qualifies him for the role of Batman's archnemesis. Oh wait... I saw The Patriot and A Knight's Tale...

Well, maybe it's just a rumor.

2 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They need to put Adam West in a new Batman movie. POW.

I'm glad to see you're posting semi-regularly again.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Dear SRPhoenix,
I love your blog. I hate your blog. Odi et amo. I'm going to start updating mine again soon. Seriously.

Sincerely,
JJ

ps - superprophet's latin references plus sam adams = in vino veritas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home