Friday, May 19, 2006

Finale Frenzy

I didn't watch any finales on Wednesday, but I did watch the second to last episode EVER of Alias. And less importantly, the final 3 for American Idol.

Alias
Thank goodness they've made a big comeback to end this series. The new kids (I don't even know their names) have an irrelevant storyline going on. Alias fans have invested 5 years into this show; I'm pretty sure no one cares about those two newbies. I suppose it's good filler. However, I'm assuming they'll tie in the Cardinal to Prophet 5 in the end.

I thought JGarn was good at playing Anna in Syd's body, but then she was also really good at being bad at being Syd pretending to be Anna in Syd's body. Did I lose you yet? Point is, JGarn was good. So, then what was the point of her being so obviously Sydney pretending to be Anna if no one realized it? How could Sloane not have realized that Sydney was herself and not, who some people are calling, Syd-inosa (or something like that)?

Gotta love the return of Sark and his verbal and physical blows with Sydney/Anna. He's the worst criminal mastermind ever, and that includes King Tut on Adam West's Batman. I mean, this guy can't go 5 seconds on Alias without getting punched in the face. Why would they even consider him a threat anymore? I love him though, in all his bumbling badness.

Loved the re-encounters with Vaughn, especially Marshall saying, "I cried at your funeral." I heart Marshall. Oh and Vaughn seeing the picture of Isabelle for the first time. *tear* Also, having the Vaughn-Sydney team back in action, kind of, was... refreshing (I can't think of the word I really want here). The ending, before Sloane's sinister phone call, was just plain beautiful. I'm a sucker for those ABC Family moments. As for Sloane's phone call, why would Sydney answer that call? Don't they have caller ID? Don't they teach you to screen your calls in the CIA? Especially if you're supposed to be dead. Durr. Not very covert.

Can't wait to see the finale, randomly on Monday. Oh, Alias, I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave =oP

American Idol
When I watched in the very beginning, Taylor and Katherine were my favorites. And look who's left standing. I won't say I was right all along though because along the way to the finals, I also ended up liking Mandisa, Chris, Ace (just cuz he's damn cute), Paris, and Eliot. Truth be told, I still want Chris to win the whole thing. I feel like the number of votes may have dipped since he was eliminated, but that's only based on a hunch. But I hear Fuel might be signing him on as their lead singer. I was wondering what Fuel has been up to lately... not (In high school, a friend of mine decided that saying 'not' should come back into usage... here's to continuing the effort). Anyway, as it is, I hope Taylor wins. I think Kat's a good singer, but I don't like her for all the reasons everyone else in the world is blogging about. Then again, there are a lot of great pop stars that I wouldn't like either. Either way, I will continue to not vote and no matter who wins... Kelly Clarkson's still the best.

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am, once again
I'm torn into pieces
Can't deny it, can't pretend
Just thought you were the one
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry
Behind these hazel eyes

That is all. I love you, Kelly!

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no OC finale report?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home