Thursday, May 25, 2006

American Idol = Taylor Hicks

Okay, I enjoyed watching the season finale of American Idol way too much. It's like when I was little and would go to watch my sisters' show choir performances, but on television! There's singing and dancing, costumes and lights... I mean, what's not to love? If they only got rid of Ryan Seacrest, the Pickler 'n' Puck things, and that Chicken Little kid, I would've been completely happy.

I was especially excited about the special guest stars: Mary J. Blige, Toni Braxton, Al Jarreau, Burt Bacharach, Dionne Warwick, and Prince (I didn't like the Meatloaf-McPhee performance). I love watching Prince perform... gotta love Prince. Then of course, there were previous Idols Carrie "I love Jesus" Underwood and Clay "I should've won" Aiken. And the stars in the audience included Bones and Booth/Angel! Yay! (Was that David Boreanaz's kid? I didn't know he had a kid. I thought we really had something together and then I find out on national television that he's a baby daddy? There goes our 8 year relationship right down the pooper.) Of course, the celebrity fan everyone's talking about was David Hasselhoff, Mr. Baywatch himself, who was shown at the moment of Taylor's victory to be tearing up. It was quite an emotional moment. Or maybe there was just sand in his eye.

I am a little disappointed that Katharine was ever so gracious in her loss. I was really expecting/looking forward to her removing her oh-so-cute mask to reveal the slime-dripping, fang-filled demon-lady beneath. Or she could've at least cried. I really don't know why I ended up wanting her to lose so much. I think she has a fabulous voice and I liked her so much at the start. Maybe it was all the time she spent on her knees; we don't need an American Idol doing that sort of thing. We've got enough pop stars for that (what has Christina Aguilera been up to lately?). At any rate, congratulations to Taylor Hicks, the new American Idol. I wasCan people stop yelling about the soul patrol now? Whoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home