Tuesday, April 18, 2006

for now

It's been a while since I've posted. So, what's going on with your favorite phoenix?

The deal is done: I am the happy owner of a 1-bedroom condo in Chevy Chase, MD. The closing date is May 12, but I'm pretty sure I won't be officially moved in until the end of May. It's pretty exciting... in that grown-up and boring sort of way. It was a pretty quick deal, but it still feels like an incredibly long and arduous process. Right now, I'm going over the condo documents. In a few days, I'll have a meeting to finalize the settlement.

I'm so glad to be moving out of my current place. It's situated in the middle of a college campus, making it incredibly and constantly noisy. I figure I deserve it, having been a part of that hectic din for so long. This is my kharmic retribution for that damned PCS Golf Tournament. Damn you, lemon drops!

It's a bit sad, too. I've lived here for 4 years... but this is not a story for now.

In other news, one of the freelance articles I was working on a little while ago was selected for publication. It's for a new D.C. magazine, covering the local scene. This article will be the feature story for the premiere issue. I'm not entirely sure this is legit gig. So, I'm still waiting until i actually see it before I get too too excited. Actually, in May, another aritcle of mine will be published, too. I'm a bit more excited about that one because I've actually seen the publication. I wrote something for them before, but it didn't go to press, disappointingly (they still paid me for it... so, there's an upside). Other than that, I haven't done much writing, being a bit preoccupied with the condo stuff, lots to do at work, and some personal issues yet to be discussed. I'm trying to get back into it... including on here.

Other than that, my life has been pretty boring. Winter months often find my social life in deep hibernation. I'm glad it's finally starting to be (and stay) nice out. I can start leaving my apartment/condo, along with all my bestest 2-dimensional friends... who will soon be discussed in a future blog.

In fact, yesterday saw the first 'stooping it' of the year... for me anyway. Two of my friends (Ms. K and Mr. J) and I sat out on the stoop of Mr. J's house in G-town. We enjoyed a drink and played our favorite spring sport: people-watching. I had a Sparks (or whatever it's called) for the first time. It's one of those new alcoholic energy drinks... better suited to a night of hard-core raving than what I had planned: the 2-hour return of Alias! =oD

At 8pm, I was in hyperdrive under the influence of alcohol, caffeine, and Alias addiction. But Alias will be discussed later.

Anyway, I'm gonna wrap it up because stupid me forgot the pasta I wanted to have for dinner in the fridge at work, AGAIN, and will have to go cook something. Harumph. But I will be posting more again... if anyone cares and I haven't lost my few and happy readers. And that's all for now! =o)

2 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger SR Phoenix said...

It really bothers me that the time and date are wrong on this post. So, the correct time and date is: Thursday, April 20, 2006 8:08 pm.

 
At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, and I didn't even have to prompt you to write this time. You go, girl.

I hope your personal issues, whatever they are, resolve themselves as easily as stealing candy from a deaf sleeping baby while their parents are out getting drunk at an art gallery unveiling but then the mom gets drunk on too much white wine spritzer and then they get into a HUGE argument about how she's such an "alcoholic slut" and her husband is a total "gay dickwad" and then on the ride home they get into a HUGE car accident and die under the bed of a tractor trailer full of pork bellies, so now they'll NEVER be able to reclaim their baby's candy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home