Friday, May 19, 2006

Finale Frenzy - Scrubs

Though I hated having to wait until January for Scrubs to return, I loved the whole two new episodes a night thing. Especially this week, for finale night.

I really like JD's new love interest, Kim, and I especially love how they met. JD's not being able to see women with wedding rings on was freakin' brilliant. Also, I like having this newfound sense of closure, knowing what happened to Gift Shop Girl. I can finally sleep at night.

So, how come, in my two favorite hospital shows, the doctors and nurses seem to have no idea how to have safe sex? On Grey's, all of them are just jumpin each other in any nearby empty room, contracting syphillis and who knows what, and in good ol' Sacred Heart, everyone's getting pregnant. Of course, the only couple who actually wanted to have a baby had to try extra hard for it, but that seems pretty realistic.

Knowing thoughout the episode that Dr. Cox and Jordan were expecting really made the end a surprise for me. Gotta love the writing there. And everywhere on this show. So creative and fresh at almost every turn.

Some other things I found especially noteworthy from this finale:

Jack's lines in subtitles, especially the second one - paraphrased "I made poopy in the bed and I put it on the tv" - followed up with Turk's line, "Why's your tv smell like doo-doo?"

the Janitor's baby cage - "No, Mom... playpen/baby cage is not tomato/tomahto."

Cox's rant about pooping to his son - "You know, son, as a doctor I spend a lot of my day dealing with other people's poop, and I'm not going to lie to you, Jackie, it gets old. That's not to say that I haven't enjoyed the last three years of waking up to a fresh brown trout in your Huggies, but you'll be doing the same thing for me some day real soon. Yet, aside from actually seeing you being born and the time Wayne Gretsky said "what's up" to me in line at the bank, you being out of diapers is the best damn thing that's ever happened to me. It truly is. Now why don't you go into your room and play for a little while because your mom and I are going to celebrate up here, grown-up style."

Gotta love sophisticated poop jokes. I could really just put up the whole damn script to both episodes; so i'll just stop there.

One more thing... damn the network for making us wait AGAIN for the show to return. NBC president, Kevin Reilly makes a good point though: Reilly said holding Scrubs until mid-season this year "was like the best thing we did. They had more time to [work on the episodes] and I think it ended up being great creatively for the show." (tvguide.com) And Bill Lawrence doesn't seem to mind: "It doesn't really bother me," he admits. "I'm sure I'll come up with something snarky to say sooner or later." Anything that's ok by Bill is ok by me too then. I'll just have to pick up the season 3 dvds to hold me over.

1 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At LEAST give us some kind of Dr. Acula special in October to hold us over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home