Thursday, May 11, 2006

TGIT

Tomorrow's kind of a big day for me. I'm taking off from work. At noon, I will be signing papers and officially settling the condo deal. Pretty nifty. The rest of the day will be spent packing and moving stuff. I won't be moving the big stuff until Memorial Day weekend, but the majority of the move will take place this weekend, including painting and the like. We're gonna go to Home Depot... and maybe Bed, Bath & Beyond, if we have time. I don't know if we'll have time.

Hopefully, tomorrow night will counteract the mundanely "grown-up" activities of the rest of the weekend. A magazine I wrote an article for will be launching tomorrow and they're having an official release party. It's at Leftbank in Adam's Morgan (you're all invited), where I've never been before, though I hear there's been some ruffying activity in said location... so it must be a good time, eh? There's a dress code at this place, too. I haven't been to that kind of place since I was... about 2 sizes smaller. Needless to say, I have to go shopping. Anyway, it should be a wasted good time. I can hear the Bad Idea Bears scheming to ruin any shot at writing for this magazine again. Then again, it's a magazine started by service industry people... and in my experience, those people would be more likely to drug my Bad Idea Bears themselves rather than judge anyone else's behaviour. At any rate, it should be a good time. And hopefully, my article will actually be in the magazine and not on the cutting room floor. I was told it was the feature article, but I've been told a lot of things. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The future is a veil to me. The Bad Idea Bears cloud everything.

Good luck anyway.

Congrats on the condo :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home