Tuesday, August 30, 2005

*warning* extreme depression

Whew, those lists are long. I need a break from them.

I was just IMing with my friend (it's a wonder that I get any work done, but I do really) and he has a tendency of putting me down when he just means to kid. So, now I'm depressed (... especially given that one of my co-workers also seems really depressed. It's a freaking epidemic, I swear).

So, is this what I was meant for? I do the daily grind thing. Wake up, go to work, go home, go to sleep. Blessings galore: decently paying job, loving family, good friends here and there, tip top physical health. But is this it?

I've been known to be most depressed when there is nothing wrong. Because when there is nothing wrong, I fear that this is as good as it gets. At least when the sky is falling, you can look forward to the day the rubble will be cleared away.

Here I am, sky in tact, watching the clock, waiting for my life to move on... to what? I have the sound byte like anyone else: I'm applying to journalism school. The girl next to me is a paper away from having her master's. Over there, she's waiting for her politician friend to hit the campaign trail. It seems like when you're in your 20s, you're stuck at the station and the train going nowhere's always late.

And what a shitty station it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home